THE BIG SONG is a brand new performance project for community choirs written by the late great Heathcote Williams, with Musical Direction by choral composer Kirsty Martin and narrated by actor and activist Roy Hutchins.
Combining new original material with Natural Voice classics, THE BIG SONG explores how singing is central to our identity, purpose and civilization. From science to spirituality and prehistory to protest, THE BIG SONG is a heartfelt love song to the Natural Voice movement; a glorious celebration of community song through bold, creative vocal theatre.
BE PART OF THE BIG SONG!
Following the soaring success of our pilot performance at the Brighton Festival this year, THE BIG SONG community choir touring project is ready to hit the road!
- THE BIG SONG is a one-hour show, comprising of 5 acts of underscored narrative (spoken by Roy) with ‘big songs’ at the top and tail of each act.
- The project takes a term to learn, rehearse and be performance ready.
- It is accessible for all levels of experience and has ‘something for everyone’
- The teaching package comprises workshops with Kirsty & Roy, audio rehearsal files & score.
- It will work with a single choir, a convergence of choirs or a specially created group.
- The project has several levels of flexibility re funding. Talk to us!
BOOK A ‘BIG SONG TASTER DAY’ WITH KIRSTY AND ROY FROM JANAURY 2018
For more info or to book a taster day, please get in touch!